Empowering individuals and communities in Baltimore City and its surrounding areas to assume responsibility for their health through education, advocacy, and action.
- Facilitate the development of community programs that raise awareness and bring about change to social, economic and environmental factors correlated with adverse health outcomes.
- Connect individuals and communities with resources influencing health care outcomes of disparate populations.
- Promote administrative and clinical collaboration among existing organizations to improve access and continuity for populations adversely impacted by social determinants of health.
- Strengthen health workforce with qualified residents in service areas who will close shortage gaps and provide cultural competency insight through use of the Cultural Proficiency Continuum.
- Work with agencies and organizations to identify and influence correction to deficiencies in federal, state, and local policy impacting health disparities.